Accessories For Your Home Gym

You have learned how you can setup a gym at your home without spending much money. I limited that post to the most important items of any gym i.e. free weights, rod & barbells. In this post, I will be writing about the accessories that you will need at home to lift properly & safely. 

So, let us start!

Ensure Proper Ventilation or  Cooling:-


If you can afford to have an AC in your home gym, it's better to have one. Otherwise, at least have a fan or cooler there. 

It might sound funny because everyone has a fan in every room (well, at least everyone where I live), but my point is that you need to keep your room/gym cool. Too much humidity & heat is quite dangerous while lifting and it will also limit your intensity. It also explains why I am against setting up a gym on the terrace. If it's cold out there, it's great. Otherwise, it's too dangerous to work out when it's hot outside.

Gloves: -



While I don't personally like to wear gloves while lifting heavy weights, their importance can't be undermined. I don't like them for perspiration & heat but I developed blisters on my palms because of not wearing gloves. 

Also, bench-pressing & similar exercises will put a lot of strain on your palms, especially if you have thin arms. So, do wear gloves to avoid blisters on your palms. They also provide better grip & help lessen the strain.

Hand Grippers: -



Great tools to work your wrists & super easy to perform. Do it daily and start noticing a change in your grip strength. Grip strength is also crucial for other exercises including bench press, dead-lifts, etc.

Power Rack: -


I don't have a power rack at my home, but it is very important to have one once you need to lift very heavy weights safely without a spotter. At home, chances are that there won't be anyone to spot you while you lift weights. Power rack helps you do it but it is very costly to have one. You won't need it in the beginning because you won't be lifting that heavy initially. I will show in subsequent posts how you can lift heavy weights without a power rack or spotter. It's great if you can get a power rack but it's not absolutely necessary.


And that's it. Now you can start lifting weights in your own gym at your own home.
You will now ask what exercises you should do? How many reps, how many sets? How many days, etc? I will be answering all these questions in my subsequent posts. Till then, stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction To My Fitness Blog "Skinny2Healthy"

How To Increase Calorie Intake i.e. How To Eat More?

My Introduction