My Introduction

Before I start publishing more posts and articles on my blog, it's important that you all know who I am, what I have gone through, and how I managed to bulk up. So here is my introduction.

I am Shashank Srivastava, a DevOps Architect by profession (just to give you an idea how I manage to take out time to workout) who loves music, Science, traveling & photography.

For most of my life, I used to be severely underweight. Till the age of 22, I used to weigh not more than 46 Kgs. Yes, 46 Kgs at a height of 6 feet. I was so thin that I couldn't wear a watch. I had to add more holes to the strap, which of course would spoil the look. My waist used to be around 25-26 inches and you can imagine my situation. People made fun of me. Called me a patient. Laughed at me. Told me that I will die soon. Humiliated me. Very few people would talk to me. Very few befriended me. I never really loved to shop for clothes for me since nothing would fit me. I used to look like a cloth hanger holding a T-shirt. My biceps were hardly 9 inches. And chest? You may ask. Well, I didn't have any chest. I had a ribcage in which you could count the ribs easily. Enough said, right? If you think I am exaggerating, then please see the photos below.
I could never gain a pound irrespective of eating well. I tried everything. Tried milk with bananas. Tried lots of butter and ghee. Tried milk with dates. Everything. But nothing worked.

Then came the year 2012. I hit the gym for the first time in my life. I started lifting weights and focusing on my diet. Gradually I went from 46 to around 60 Kgs. It took time. After a year I went to 68 Kgs. It wasn't muscles entirely. It was some muscles and some fat. While it gave me satisfaction and I was no longer skinny, it didn't satisfy me much. It was on and off and my weight was never consistent. I wasn't training regularly because of my shifts' job and it made me lose quite a lot of pounds/kilos. I was reduced to 56 Kgs. From there it kept on increasing and decreasing with no particular muscle mass. It wasn't something I liked. I had to be content since I didn't have time to work on it.

Fast forward to March 2016. I started lifting weights regularly at my home. I remember going to a clinic with my niece for her fever. I checked my weight there. I was around 63. I was surprised since I hadn't packed fat but still had some gains. This pumped me up. I bought another barbell and a couple weight plates. I started lifting with more intensity, with more focus, and more consistently.

June 2016. I now weigh 72 Kgs with some muscle definition on my frame. I don't look like a bodybuilder or that impressive but I know how much it means for someone who had a visible ribcage in place of chest and limbs as thin as stick. I never wanted to pack massive muscles. I prefer lean, athletic built. And I am happy with my progress :-)

See the photos below to believe what I said. You too can progress. Stay tuned for more.

Me - THEN
Me - NOW (June 2016)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction To My Fitness Blog "Skinny2Healthy"

How To Increase Calorie Intake i.e. How To Eat More?

Your First Workout Program To Build Muscles & Get Stronger - Beginners (Workout B)